Arthritis refers to more than a hundred diseases that cause inflammation of the joints. When the body has arthritis, it is in an inflammatory state.
From the Arthritis Foundation there are eight food that cause arthritis.
- Sugar - Processed sugars trigger the release of inflammatory messengers called cytokines.
- Poor saturated fats, such as pizza and cheese. Whereas the body does require good saturated fats in moderation when the body is sensitive to insulin and able to use it properly, greasy hamburgers, pizza and junk food are never a source of good.
- Trans fats or Partially hydrogenated oil are found in pasties, cookies, fast food, donuts, crackers, canned soups and many, many other foods.
- Although Omega 6 fatty acids are an essential fatty acid that the body need. There must be a balance between omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. They are especially found in polyunsaturated oil such as corn, safflower, sunflower and grapeseed, soy, peanut and vegetable oil. It is also found in mayonnaise and many salad dressing.
- Refined carbohydrates with white flower, white rice, white potatoes, cream of wheat and other refined cereals. Eating these carbohydrates are more damaging to the body than eating fats because they increase blood sugar which increases insulin and obesity.
- MSG which is in soup, fast food sauce. MSG triggers inflammation and damages the liver.
- Gluten from wheat and casein from dairy may produce inflammation in some people. Gluten is found in wheat, rye, and barley. Casein is found in whey protein products.
- Aspartame - Found as a sugar substitute and found in over 4000 products. It affects the brain in a negative what as it is a neurotoxin. The immune system will treat it as a foreign substance and attack it causing an inflammatory response.
Alcohol must be used in moderation as it is hard on the liver. Excessive use weakens the liver and disrupts other organs interaction and can cause inflammation.
Leaky Gut or permeable bowel syndrome can be responsible for large particles getting into the bloodstream. The large particles can lodge in joints causing inflammation. In order to absorb nutrients, the gut is somewhat permeable to very small molecules. Many things including, gluten, infections, medications and stress can damage the gut, allowing toxins, microbes and undigested food particles – among other things – directly into your bloodstream, triggering the immune system to go into attack mode against the invaders..
Gout – Purine is a substance found in many foods such as beef, pork and lamb and most seafood and meat based broths and gravies. Soft drinks with fructose also increase uric acid levels. There is a strong correlation between alcohol intake, especially beer and gout attacks.